Archives are your institutional memory, representing your history and culture. They are a resource for inspiration, innovation, and identity. Archivist Connection provides archival consulting and archives management to develop an archives from the ground up and manage the day-to-day operations from acquisition to dissemination.
♦ Leverage your history and the value of your historical assets ♦
♦ Preserve your legacy ♦ Activate your heritage ♦
♦ Transform your “special stuff” accumulated through the decades into a cohesive and functional archives ♦
Archivist Connection supports research and storytelling with archival research and visuals.
- Provides research services and facilitates the use of historical records and information
- Creates tools to document and explore
- Shares and presents the stories within the archives to a variety of audiences
Archivist Connection manages collections and creates digital tools from acquiring assets to creating metadata.
- Selects, processes, organizes, describes, catalogs, preserves, and digitizes historical materials so that they are easy to find and use
- Provides intellectual control over the collections and improves their physical storage
- Assesses needs and automates processes including digital asset management (DAM), metadata, and controlled vocabularies
- Works between vendors and end users to develop a tool that is most useful
Archivist Connection establishes policies and procedures to create an archives and guide its ongoing growth.
- Sets the scope and vision for the archives
- Creates policies and standards for collection and access
- Has proven experience and in-depth knowledge of archival principles, standards, and practices