“Business Archives & the Next Gold Rush”
ICA SBA Conference, San Francisco, September 17-18, 2019
The annual conference for the International Council on Archives (ICA) Section on Business Archives (SBA) in 2019 will be held September 17-18 in San Francisco, California. Set in the heart of the California Gold Rush of the 1840s near today’s Silicon Valley, we’ll explore topics from “gold standard” practices in corporate archives today to tomorrow’s new technologies harnessing data and AI. This two-day conference will be held at the world headquarters of Levi Strauss & Co. and includes a visit to the Wells Fargo Museum with its stagecoach and gold nuggets as well as an evening event at the historic Presidio of San Francisco with views of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- When: Tuesday, September 17, 9:00 am — Wednesday, September 18, 5:00 pm
- Where: Levi’s Plaza, Levi Strauss & Co., 1155 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA, 94111 USA
- Cost: Free for all (Priority given to SBA members and speakers)
- Travel: Fly to San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Oakland International Airport (OAK)
- Hotel: Attendees need to make their own hotel reservations. Plan your visit.
The conference is over, but you can still view the recording.
- 100+ Attendees on site from Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, India, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, and USA
- 120+ around the globe joined the webcast from Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Norway, UK, and USA. Special shout out to the 5 who watched from Barbados.
- 36 Speakers
Call for Levi’s Stories
Share your Levi’s® story & you could win a $100 Levi’s® gift card. Be a part of Levi’s® history. Record a one to two-minute audio describing your Levi’s® memory. Explore stories and share your own here (please use updated browsers). Just click the link in the description/header and sign up to record OR send a video or audio story to Tracey at email@example.com. Stories due September 13.
Need some inspiration? Tiffany & Co. Archivist Annamarie Sandecki recorded how she traveled to a men’s clothing store in high school to buy Levi’s® and embroidered them with her signature eyeglasses.
- Tracey Panek, Levi Strauss & Co., California, USA
- Laura O’Hara, Levi Strauss & Co., California, USA
- Alexander Bieri, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Basel, Switzerland
- Christy Horton, Wells Fargo, California, USA
- Henning Morgen, A.P. Møller – Mærsk, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Melanie Aspey, The Rothschild Archive, London, UK
- Paula Jabloner, Center for Cisco Heritage @ the Computer History Museum, California, USA
- Levi Strauss & Co., California, USA
- Anchor Brewing, California, USA
- The Capital Group, California, USA
- Enwoven, California, USA
- Heritage Werks, Georgia, USA
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Basel, Switzerland
- Preservica, Massachusetts, USA
- Rothschild & Co, London, UK